UPDATE as of 2/7/2017 :
RFP DEADLINE UPDATED – February 10, 2017 at 5:00pm
January 6, 2017
Dear Michigan Convention & Visitors Bureau Partners,
The Michigan Lodging & Tourism Association (Check In Michigan) is seeking event venues to host the Pure Michigan Governor’s Conference on Tourism for the years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. To support long-term planning and statewide venue rotation, these two RFPs are each structured as two-year contracts: 2018 and 2020; and 2019 and 2021.
Drawing over 1,000 participants, this is one of the nation’s largest tourism conferences. For informational purposes, data from the past two conferences’ budgets, event room requirements and schedule is included in this RFP. If you have the space to support the conference, we want to hear from you. If you have concerns regarding any specifics of the RFPs, we welcome your questions.
Bid proposals must be received electronically by February 9, 2017 February 10, 2017 at 5:00pm EST. Successful proposals will be selected within 10 business days, with negotiations occurring immediately following. The Michigan Lodging & Tourism Association reserves the legal right to: decline awarding a bid on this proposal; award at a later date; and award a bid in part or in entirety.
Any questions must be submitted electronically by January 16, 2017, in order for questions and answers to be shared with all vendors. Please address any questions to Danielle Lenz at email@example.com.
Michigan Lodging and Tourism Association
QUESTION & ANSWERS:
Please submit any questions to Danielle Lenz at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions and their answers will be posted here for all applicants.
- Can I bid on one year only? Yes
- Do you know the approximate cost of the Welcome Reception? We do not.
- What does additional sponsorship for entertainment mean? If we have allocated all of our budget to entertainment but there is a need for more entertainment, we look to the CVB to possibly help cover the additional cost.
- Is there a particular format the RFP should be submitted? PDF, Please structure your proposal in the order presented in the RFP.
- Who should I address the bid to upon submission? Please address the proposal to Deanna Richeson. Email all Proposals to Danielle Lenz at email@example.com.
- The RFP lists a Wed-Fri pattern in the RFP, would Check In Michigan still consider a Sunday – Tuesday pattern? For 2018 we are moving forward with Wed-Fri pattern, but we will consider a Sunday – Tuesday pattern for future years.
7. Would April dates other than those listed in the RFP be considered? Yes, we are willing to discuss other April dates as well.
View the 2018, 2020 RFP HERE.
View the 2019, 2021 RFP HERE.