Since 2016, Check in Michigan has brought AHLA leading lobbyists to speak with our industry four times, on topics such as short-term rentals, online travel agencies (OTAs) drive-by lawsuits and minimum wage and benefits concerns. Under the state partnership agreement with AHLA, Check in Michigan has also secured sponsorship support for the campaign to level the playing field with short-term rentals such as Airbnb.
Our members have access to a range of member discounts on products, services and events and a library of members-only information resources, the fundamental benefits of AHLA membership include:
· Advocacy on issues critical to the health and growth of the lodging industry;
· A place at the table for important policy discussions with influencers and decision-makers;
· Opportunities to serve on AHLA’s councils, committees and board of directors;
· Expert answers and guidance on regulatory matters, crisis management and industry change;
· Networking opportunities with thousands of colleagues, allies and industry leaders;
· Timely and curated news, briefs and advisories;
· Access to industry events, professional development and lifelong learning.